Sunday, October 22, 2017

Termites

Have you read this feature by Dr. Jaime C. Laya?





Excerpts from this Manila Bulletin article titled "Termites and Old Stamps" published October 16:

"'Eureka' finds included stamps that I had lovingly collected back when I was at Arellano High and mounted in an album that bore a note signed 'Uncle ‘Mac' and dated Sept. 7, 1951, a gift from the Earl T. MacMillins, friends of my father while a University of Indiana graduate student.

"My high school, Arellano, was near the corner of Rizal Avenue and Azcarraga (now C.M. Recto). I was in the morning session and many an afternoon was spent blowing my life savings at Don Sixto Ortiz (Manila Filatelica) at Calvo Building on Escolta and Rogelio de Jesus near U.E., both within walking distance from Arellano."

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment